Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Monday, May 14, 2012

Summer Activities 2012


It's almost here....are you ready Moms?
Last year was our first Summer break from school, I thought I was prepared...I was wrong..
Turns out like every other aspect of my life I needed to set goals for Summer Activities for this house. No Mom wants to hear "I'm bored". And, I do not like when my kids get whiny because they are bored. So I have been thinking/searching/planning and this is what I have came up with for Summer of 2012!!  Sissy helped me a lot on what she wants to do.
I have  places that we are going, activities we are doing and boredom busters! :-) The words that are highlighted are links to those places/activities.

PLACES:

Cades Cove

Chattanooga- Aquarium,Children's Museum, Railroad Museum,etc..

Splash Pad

Pool

Farmers Markets

Lake

Movies

Drive-In Movies

Library- Sissy wants to spend some time at the library, reading and playing on computers.

Park - Playground, Picnics,etc...

Beach - Day Trip

Dollar Tree $5 day (Each kid gets $5 to pick anything they want! With the exception of only 1 candy)

Cherokee Reservation

River

Briarwood-Auto Safari

Clinch Mountain,Cumberland Gap, Kentucky-Day Trip

Race Track

Baseball Game


ACTIVITIES: 

Camping- Our Family recently got a pop-up camper!

Boat

Bowling

Fishing

Hiking

Rummaging

Date with Daddy

Movie Night

Fireworks

Bonfire

Board Games

Tie Dye Shirts

Diet Coke and Mentos

Water Balloons

Sprinkler

Car Wash

Garden

Photo Shoots- We have to get family pictures made soon. But also I am just going to take the kids out and take pictures myself here at home!

Geocaching

Giant Bubbles

Make Homemade Ice Cream

Fairies in a Jar

Make Slime

Make Homemade Lava Lamps

Make Homemade Fruit Leather

Alphabet Day- Find 1-2 items around the house and outside that begin with each letter!

Christmas in July- Christmas PJ's, Christmas Movies/Music, Bake Christmas Cookies,Start List

Cook Out with Friends

Take a bath in the dark with glow sticks

Catch Fireflies

Cooking with Sissy Day

Elephant Toothpaste

Sparkly Explosion


BOREDOM BUSTERS:

Read/Read Outside

Puzzles

Look N' Find Books

2nd Grade Work Book

2nd Grade Prep Activities

Color

Blocks

Ice Block-Toys

Paint

Fort

Jump Rope

Bird Watching

Cars

Swing Set

Handwriting

Journal

Fizzy Fun

Playdough

Letters to Family

Chalk

Write a story

Write a book

Make a "Wish List"

Take pictures outside

Paint Finger Nails/Toe Nails

Look for shapes in the clouds

Popsicles

Basketball

Bike

Sand/Water Table

Card Games

Plan a Menu

Computer- Starfalls    Disney Jr


Kindle Fire   2nd Grade Apps    2nd Grade Apps
                     Best Apps for Kids
DSi

Leapster

Please leave me a comment/send a Facebook message with any other ideas!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara! This is an amazing list--I'm so excited to try a few! Thanks for including links to Preschool Powol Packets too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carla! And thanks for coming over here and leaving a comment, so sweet! We love your list and she can't wait to start it! I let her look over it but haven't printed it yet so she keeps asking "Whats on my list?" HaHa

    ReplyDelete