Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Better than Restaurant Beef and Broccoli



This recipe is SOOO YUMMY!  I really believe it is better than at a restaurant!

What you will need:

1lb beef, cut into thin strips
4-5 cups cut broccoli

Marinade:

2Tbsp cornstarch
2Tbsp soy sauce
2tsp sugar
2tsp ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced

Gravy:

2 1/2 cups water
3Tbsp cornstarch
1/3 cup soy sauce

Begin by mixing your marinade


Cut the beef in very thin strips. (I also cut ours in half so they aren't so long)
Pour marinade in container with cut up beef



Let this stand 15-30 minutes
I make my rice and cut up broccoli and unload the dishwasher and pacify kids while this sits awhile.

Heat about a Tablespoon of oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Stir fry meat for 1 minute. Add broccoli and cook 4 more minutes.  Add gravy and slowly bring to a boil. (Make sure you stir all those "bits in pieces" off the bottom of the pan)


Mixture will thicken as you cook it for another 5 minutes on medium heat.


I serve this over brown rice with a fortune cookie!

Very simple and very tasty! Try it soon!

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy! Found you on southernsavers.com

    I have a blog hop every Sunday night at sneakyspoons.com. You should come link up!

    http://www.sneakyspoons.com/2013/02/frugal-crafty-home-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete