Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Monday, September 24, 2012

Chili {Wendy's Style}



I love this time of year! The weather in East Tennessee has been perfect the last few days!
Last week when I was making my menu I specifically left Sunday blank because I wanted to see what the weather was really going to do...Warm=Grill...Cool=Chili! Yay for cool weather because I got to try out this recipe I had been wanting to try for a while! I love Wendy's chili and this recipe(I think) is just a smidge better!!  :-)

Ingredients:
4 pounds ground beef, browned and drained

2 large yellow (sweet) onions, chopped

5 large green bell peppers, chopped

4 celery stalks, chopped

2 heaping tablespoons minced garlic (I use jarred)

2 cans Ranch Style Beans, NOT drained (15 ounce cans)

2 cans dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounce cans)

2 cans Original Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chili (10 ounce cans)

2 cans stewed tomatoes (15 ounce cans)

4 cans plain tomato sauce (15 ounce cans)

2 packages McCormick Mild Chili Seasoning (1.25 ounce packages)


Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot(it filled my 10quart pot)

Simmer for at least three hours (I let mine cook all day long).


I found this recipe on Pinterest and I believe it originated from this website Aprils Little Family


{SUPER DUPER YUMMY!}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment