Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Turkey, Kale,and Black Bean Tacos with Pico De Gallo








TURKEY,KALE,AND BLACK BEAN TACO FILLING

1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 sweet onion,chopped
1 sweet pepper chopped(i used yellow pepper because that's what I had)
1 1/2-2 cups chopped Kale(chopped small)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 Tbsp dried Cumin
Pinch of Kosher Salt

*Heat a large skillet over medium heat, spray with nonstick spray.Brown the turkey with the onion.

*Add the chopped Kale along with a large pinch of salt, stir all together.


*Add in the pepper, beans, and spices and cook 2-3 minutes allowing everything to come together.

*Lower to a simmer to keep warm until ready to eat.

We have made this a few times now and I have to say it is very versatile! Can use as filling for tacos, burritos,Quesadillas,Taco Salad, and I even put some in an egg muffin I made(just a scrambled egg poured in a muffin tin,add this filling and some cheese) and it was delicious!

Here are the Quesadillas for the kids, I put one tortilla in the pan with guacamole,spinach,cheese then the filling and a tad more cheese. I put another tortilla on the top with more guacamole to hold everything together. (Not the best picture but you get the gist)

I found the original recipe at GreenLiteBites


PICO DE GALLO

1 cup tomato,chopped
1/2 cup red onion,chopped
1/4 cup cilantro,chopped
Lime Juice
Salt and Pepper

*Chop everything small and add to a bowl. Add Lime juice and S&P and stir. Allow to sit a few minutes before serving. YUM YUM!!
(Keep in mind if making a small bowl, before buying a large bunch of cilantro, they may have a small pack in the produce section with other packaged herbs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment