Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Monday, June 17, 2013

*Making Flubber*

**Let me first say, this is my 300th post on my Blog! Would like to thank all the ones that have kept coming back to see what we are up to and thank you to all the new visitors! :-) 

Now, we are moving right along with our Summer Activity List with a recipe for FLUBBER! 



You will need: 

3/4 cup cold water
1 cup Elmer’s glue
liquid food coloring
1/2 cup hot water
1 teaspoon borax (you can find this in a box in the laundry aisle)

directions:
step 1: in bowl 1 – mix together the cold water, glue, and food coloring. set aside.

step 2: in bowl 2 – mix together the hot water and borax, until the borax is completely dissolved.
step 3: slowly add glue mixture to borax mixture. mix well. pour off excess water.
Keep "kneading" the mixture until it is smooth and workable(its very wet at first) 







The kids used their play-dough toys with this cutters, scissors,etc... They stretched and pulled and tore, then put it all back in a ball. They had a blast with it! 

We even took it with us when we went on our picnic! 




Make it with your kids soon! It's so easy to put together and just simple, fun play for kids! 

And don't forget...the movie!! :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment