Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Friday, September 5, 2014

Chicken and Veggie Hodgepodge






I really like those recipes that are "bottom of the barrel". You know the ones where you can use up the last of things and those ingredients that have just been around for awhile and you need to do something with them? This is one of those recipes for me.
I have had a package of ground chicken and 2 cans of mixed veggies sitting around for a while and I finally decided to do something with them, so out came this recipe. :-)

This is a very simple recipe and very filling! Sissy says "Not bad mom". So I thought I would share here in case anyone else has a few cans of mixed vegetables staring at them every time they open the pantry door.

Ingredients:

1lb ground chicken

2 cans mixed veggies, drained and rinsed

1 can green beans, drained and rinsed

1 can corn, drained and rinsed

2 cups elbow macaroni

2 cups cheese-I used Colby Jack,Asiago,and White Cheddar(each one only had a little left so this was great to use them all up)

Emirel Seasoning

Garlic Powder

Onion Powder

Pepper


1. Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions.

2. Cook ground chicken with a little olive oil and seasoning in skillet, until no longer pink.

3. Once the chicken and macaroni is cooked add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine, taste it and see if you need to add more of each seasoning.

4. Place everything in a greased casserole dish. (You can top with more cheese if you want)


5. Bake in oven for 20-25minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment