Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Avonlea

Save by the Bell, Full House, Family Matters, Boy Meets Girl etc... everyone has shows that they remember from the 90s. But one show that sticks out to me is Avonlea. Avonlea came on the Disney channel and it ran from 1990-1996.
Wikipedia says:  Road to Avonlea
The series is set in the fictional small town of Avonlea, Prince Edward Island, in the early 20th century (1903–1912). There, 11-year-old Montreal heiress Sara Stanley is sent by her wealthy father to live with her two maiden aunts, Hetty and Olivia King, to be near her late mother's side of the family. The show's focus shifted over the years from Sara's interactions with her new-found relatives, to stories about the King family. Later seasons of the show focused more on residents of Avonlea who were connected to the King family.

Ok so I have told you all of that to tell you this...It is my moms FAVORITE show! It was ALWAYS on when I was a kid because she would record them on VHS when they were on.(Remember back when you set your VCR to record a show? Instead of setting your DVR? Wow I'm getting old...)  Anyway, my mom has been talking for years about buying these, and never did. So this year for her birthday we all chipped in and we bought every season on DVD for her!

We also got her the Christmas Special.

This is a great wholesome family show. I have no problem letting my 6 year old watch this show. Although it takes her a while to get in to it b/c she says it looks "old".  It brings back a lot of memories for me. And though not all would admit it I think everyone in my family loves it!  Between Aunt Hetty the "boss" of the family and school marm. To Sarah,Felix, and Felicity and their adventures. Peg Bowan the town witch. Captain Crane the keeper of the light house to Jasper Dale the inventor to Rachel Lynde the load busy body. You will find someone you like in this show and some lessons your kids can learn from!
 You can find these on Netflix and Sullivan Entertainment                                                                                       
Also Road to Avonlea is on Facebook! :-)
And this was the card I gave my Momma! (She likes baking!) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment