Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Monday, April 11, 2011

Menu Plan 4-11/4-17 and the Flea Market

Don't give up on me folks...I'm still around! We had an unexpected event happen in our family last week and life got turned upside down for a few days. Everything is getting better and I am reorganizing life!

Yesterday was near 90 degrees here in East TN. While I wanted to go to the lake for the day, Big Daddy had other plans. So we ended up at the Flea Market! :-) It has been awhile since I have been to the Flea Market so here are some things I learned yesterday;

1.Always park near the MAIN entrance. (For reason #1 and so you don't have to listen to your 5 year old tell you how her legs are going to fall of her body!)
2. Always take your kid to the bathroom FIRST. Otherwise you will walk 10 miles to the ONLY bathroom on the lot! (At the main entrance).
3. Ask someone where the corn dogs are first thing so you don't walk 10 miles looking for a corn dog! And eat first or you will never get to look around!
4. Tell your husband it's OK to stop at the Nascar vendor that's 100ft from your car and spend $10 on a hat because you would rather him spend the money than to complain about a sunburned head!
5. If you are ever feeling down or crazy...go to the Flea Market and people watch! I GUARANTEE you will feel better about yourself! :-)

Now on to the menu for the week. Last week the menu got thrown out the window for a few days, so this week I pulled dinners from the last 2 weeks into one menu. Lots of repeats  :-)

Monday:
Chili Noodle Casserole

Tuesday:
Hamburger Steak and Gravy w/Peas

Wednesday:
Stuffed Peppers w/Corn

Thursday:
Southwestern Chicken and Rice  w/Avocado

Friday:
Turkey Hash

Saturday:
Oatmeal w/Fruit Salad
Chicken and Egg Salad sandwiches w/Raw veggies
        ?

Sunday:
Breakfast Burritos w/Smoothies
*PICNIC
Fish Fry:  Fish,Chicken, Shrimp,French Fries, Cole Slaw etc.....

No comments:

Post a Comment