Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Friday, April 1, 2011

Pioneer Woman - Chicken Spaghetti


I love this Chicken Spaghetti it is definitely in my top 5 favorite recipes! Everyone that has tryed this loves it...always!  And it makes a great freezer dish. I recently made some of these for my freezer and for a friend that is going to have a baby.
I did not do step by step pictures for this because it was the day I did all of my freezer cooking.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
  • 3 cups dry spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces
  • 2 cans cream of Mushroom Soup (or 1 cream of mushroom and 1 cream of chicken)
  • 2 cups grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
  • 1/4 cup finely diced onion
  • 1 jar (4oz) diced pimentos, drained
  • 2 cups reserved chicken broth from pot
  • 1 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt
  • 1/8-1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup additional grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  1. Boil 1 whole (or cut up fryer). SAVE THE BROTH. Save out 2 cups broth.  De-bone the chicken.(You will only need 2 cups so pull the rest and freeze it for another dish)
  2. Cook spaghetti in chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook.
  3. When Spaghetti is cooked combine with remaining ingredients except additional cheese.


      4. Place mixture in casserole pan and top with cheese.
      5. Bake for 45 minutes @ 350 degrees.

The trick to this dish is to keep everything diced very small.
For the original recipe please visit The Pioneer Woman  but be warned you will get addicted!  :-) She has a great site and wonderful recipes!

*** Also this dish is really good with Ruffles new Molten Hot Wings chips crunched over top....don't ask me how I know.......     :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment