Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Friday, June 8, 2012

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake



2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts(cooked, and shredded)

1/2 tsp Cumin

1 tsp Paprika

1 tsp Garlic Powder

2 1/2 cups Cooked Brown Rice

1 cup Corn

15 ounces, Can Black Beans(Drained And Rinsed)

1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt

½ cups Salsa

1 cup Low-fat Cheddar Cheese, Plus More For Topping

Salt

Pepper

2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro For Garnish


Bake chicken for 25 minutes at 400( Or you can use left-overs from rotisserie chicken)
When its done take 2 forks and shred the chicken.

Add chicken to a large bowl and season with Cumin,Paprika, and Garlic Powder.

Add all other ingredients to bowl except extra cheese and cilantro. Make sure Yogurt and Cheese are mixed in well throughout bowl. Season with Salt and Pepper.

Transfer to oven-safe dish, bake 20-25 minutes.

Garnish with chopped Cilantro!





This was a great dish, and super easy! Brother and I were home this day and since I was still layed up with my knee I just did a little at a time. I put the chicken in the oven earlier in the afternoon, I let it cool some before I shredded it. While the chicken was going I had 4 cups of rice going in the rice cooker. I also had some corn that needed to be used up so instead of using frozen corn I used fresh corn that I boiled while the rice was cooking! Since I only used 2 1/2 cups of rice and 1 cup of corn in this recipe I put the rest in the freezer!
I wish I would have had some real white cheddar cheese, but this was all I had.

This recipe is adapted from here, another Pinterest score! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment