Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Monday, January 21, 2013

Vegetable Lasagna



VEGETABLE LASAGNA


  • 3 Large Zucchini (Thinly Sliced)
  • 4 Large Summer Squash(Thinly Sliced)
  • 1 Large Onion (Thinly Sliced)
  • 1 Large Green Bell Pepper(Thinly Sliced)
  • 1 Large Red Bell Pepper(Thinly Sliced)
  • 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • Garlic Powder
  • 1 Container Low Fat Cottage Cheese
  • 3 Cups Spaghetti Sauce
  • 1/4 Cup Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Leaf
  • 1 Bag Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1/2 Cup Low Fat Colby Jack Cheese


  1. Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to the bottom of the baking pan.
  2. Add a layer of squash or zucchini to the bottom of the pan, on top of the olive oil. 
  3. Next, add: spaghetti sauce, basil, 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese,1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 Tbsp of Parmesan, 1/2 Tsp garlic powder, sliced peppers, and onions. Repeat this 4 times, but alternating the squash and zucchini. 
  4. After building up the four layers, top dish with Colby jack, remaining mozzarella  Parmesan, basil and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
  5. Bake 50-60 minutes. The Cheese should be golden brown. 
  6. The edges may have extra juice from the vegetables and olive oil. Lightly tip the pan into the sink and drain the extra liquid. 


I made this thinking that I would be the only one eating it...I was wrong...there were no leftovers! We had Garlic Naan with it and it was delicious, y'all should try it soon!

I got this recipe from UndressedSkeleton, one of my favorite sites! 

No comments:

Post a Comment