Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Monday, April 15, 2013

Homemade Strawberry-Banana Fruit Leather



I love easy homemade recipes that use up items that I already have on hand! The other day I had some strawberries in the fridge that got ignored most of the week due to Spring Break from school, so I decided to do something with them and came up with this recipe by looking at many different ones. These are great for a lunch box treat! :-)

Strawberry-Banana Fruit Leather 

1 Container Strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 Bananas

1. Cut up strawberries and put in a small pot.

2. Add sugar and water and cook on medium heat until mixture is bubbly and strawberries are very soft.

3. Pour mixture into a blender and add bananas, blend until smooth.

4. Preheat oven to 170 degrees.

5. Cover to pans with parchment paper and divide the mixture between the two. Use a spatula to even it out as much as you can on the pan.

6. Put in oven for about 3.5-4 hours, rotating pans every hour.

7. When done it should be slightly sticky but not wet at all.

8. The way you cut it out and wrap it is your preference but this is how I did it, both ways. I also stored these in a ziploc bag in the fridge.

Both kids loved these! I will be experimenting with more soon too! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment