Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Friday, September 1, 2017

Buttermilk Pumpkin Pie







Hello Friends!

I wanted to share this pie recipe with you today, seeing how pumpkin everything will be here soon!

I found this recipe a few weeks ago when I wanted to use up some stuff in the house!
I had a pie crust, can of pumpkin, and half a bottle of Buttermilk on hand and wanted to throw something together. A quick Google search pulled up this recipe from The Food Network Kitchen.
I skipped the pie crust recipe and just went with the filling.
So here is what I did...


  • 1 can pure pumpkin(not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1 stick butter(mine was salted) 
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar 
  • 1/4 cup sugar 
  • 1/4 tsp ground allspice 
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon 
  • 3/4 cup Buttermilk 
  • 2 Tbsp all purpose flour 

Preheat oven to 375. 

Mix the pumpkin, butter,eggs,sugars, and spices in a bowl until well combined. 
Add the buttermilk and the flour and mix until smooth. 

Pour in to the pie crust. 

Bake for 1 hour, or until the filling is set. 

Let cool completely before cutting. 

Can put confectioners sugar on top if you want. 



Super easy and delicious! Y'all try this soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment