Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Menu Planning

This folder is one of the reasons I wanted to start this blog. I have recipe books, I have a large scrapbook recipe book,etc... what do I use?



Yep all my recipes that I find online or copy down get shoved in this folder. I am going to get a lot of them put on here asap.

Now,I have had a couple people ask me how I do my menu planning. So at the risk of everyone knowing what a dork I am with this, I'm going to share it with y'all.

*I use a Large Yellow Legal Pad

*I do my menu from Monday-Sunday. Breakfast. Lunch, and Dinner.

*A lot of people plan their menus around the sales papers. I don't do this all the time. Just depends on 
  whats in the papers.

* I do all breakfast and lunches first

* With dinners I usually have a few ideas of what I want. After that I ask Hubby if he has any requests.
   From there I go to my recipe folder and online. Sissy also gets a couple days a month that she gets to plan 
   a whole days menu.



*Once I have all three meals I check that day off and move on to the next.

*Once I have all the days done I flip the page over and start a grocery list.

*I write everything down that's on the menu(even if I think I have it).

*Then I go through pantry,fridge,and cabinets to see what I do have.

*Then I make a final grocery list and transfer my menu from the legal pad to the board on fridge.

May not be great but it works for me!  :)






















No comments:

Post a Comment