Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Friday, February 4, 2011

Chicken Nachos

I originally found this recipe on 5dollardinners  and Hubby and I love it! This dish would be great for the Super Bowl!



What you will need:


2 cups cooked chicken (I stretched this from a whole chicken I boiled the other day. Also, I always shred
the chicken.)

1 can corn, drained
1 can Rotel, don't drain
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup red onion (trust me the red is better than yellow in this)

You also need the Tortilla chips - any kind
Mexican blend cheese

Add everything except chips and cheese to a large pan


Cook 5-6 minutes, stirring often. (Do not overcook, it turns a grayish color and doesn't taste as good)

You can do this 2 different ways, place your chips on a plate cover with cheese and microwave until cheese is melted. OR place in a bowl and melt cheese and use your chips to scoop.



Yum-o! Try this dish soon, you will love it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment