Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Banana Bread


I LOVE this Banana Bread recipe! This is the only one I use, and it ALWAYS comes out great!
Everyone that trys it wants the recipe! It's very moist and yummy!  :-)

Here is what you will need:

1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4)
1/3 cup water
1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1/4tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of bread pan.
  2. Mix sugar and butter. Beat in eggs until blended. (I use Mixer)
  3. Add bananas and water; beat 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts, just until moistened. Stir in nuts last. Then pour into bread pan.
  4. Bake 1hr and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
  5. Let sit in pan for 10 minutes. Then run a butter knife around edges to loosen loaf from pan. Let cool on wire rack on counter.


Alright Y'all here is my secret:
FROZEN BANANAS! That's right FROZEN! Whenever my bananas start turning I throw them in the freezer for bread. Big Daddy throws out the curse words when they start falling out of the freezer onto his toes though! HAHAHA   :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment