Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Italian Turkey Meatballs


Here is what you will need:

2 cloves garlic
Large handful fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/2 medium onion,chopped (I grated one to see if I could hide it from Sissy)
1 1/2lbs ground turkey
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
2 tsp kosher salt
1 large egg, beaten
2 Tbsp milk
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce (about 1/2 tsp)
Course black pepper
1/4 cup EVOO
  1. Mix the turkey, onion, parsley, garlic, Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, egg, milk, Worcestershire, and black pepper in a large bowl. Mix until just combined; don't over mix.
  2. Using your hands, gently form mixture into balls. Put them on a plate and cover and refrigerate at least an hour up to 24 hours.
  3. Turn oven on broil. Spray baking sheet, and place balls on sheet.
  4. Broil for 10 minutes or until they start to brown and crisp.


You can eat these with a little ketchup or throw them in some basic spaghetti sauce. YUM-O!
They would also be great turkey burgers!

I got this recipe originally from How to Boil Water  a GREAT cook book that teaches you everything you need to know for cooking!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment