Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dutch Lettuce


I was first introduced to Dutch Lettuce by my Aunt Debbie in New York. It is definitly different!
But it is very yummy. I don't recomend eating it very often though... 
It is basically wilted lettuce mixed in mashed potatoes!  :-)


Here is what you will need:

6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1/4 cup milk
Salt and Pepper
1/2 lb bacon, in pieces
1/4 head of lettuce, chopped
1 Tbsp vinegar
4 hard-boiled eggs
  1. Boil Eggs and let cool.
  2. Boil potatoes. Drain. Add milk, salt and pepper. Mash
  3. Fry bacon until crisp. Remove and crumble up. Add vinegar to bacon grease(GENTLY).
  4. Stir in lettuce to drippings until wilted.
  5. Cut eggs into quarters.
  6. Add everything to mashed potaoes and mix well


I did add a teaspoon more of vinegar once everything was mixed, just because I like the flavor in this!
Your going to want to make this when you have plenty of people to eat it because it does NOT make great leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment