Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Huevos Rancheros

2 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 cup Salsa
1 (14.5oz) can Black Beans
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped green onions
6 eggs
6 corn tortillas, warmed
1 avocado, sliced
Fresh Cilantro, chopped

Saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Add salsa, beans, red pepper, cumin and salt. Simmer until thickened, approximately 10 minutes. Stir in green onions.

Meanwhile, fry eggs sunny side up in a large skillet(I did over-easy). Season with salt and pepper.

Place one warm tortilla on each plate. Top each tortilla with a spoonful of beans, fried egg, salsa, avocado slices and chopped cilantro.



I had this for dinner last night and it was AMAZING!! Very yummy! I also made some Guacamole Dip...well I squashed an avocado and added salsa   :-) Yum!  

No comments:

Post a Comment