Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The BEST Southwest Chicken Salad

This is Seriously the BEST Southwest Chicken Salad EVER!! I could not keep my spoon out of it! :-)


4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1 can black beans, rinsed
2 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 cup roasted red sweet peppers, chopped
1 cup red onion, chopped
1 cup fresh cilantro, minced

Dressing:
3Tbsp lime juice
3Tbsp olive oil
4tsp honey
1 1/2tsp ground cumin
1tsp salt
1tsp chili powder
1/2tsp coarsely ground pepper


In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.

In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat.



Refrigerate until serving. Serve as desired as a salad,pita or wrap.


Yum Yum!
This one is definitely a keeper! Its a great Summer lunch! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment