Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Monday, June 10, 2013

Pork,Kraut, and Taters in the Crock-Pot



This is one of the simplest recipes I make, and it's one of our favorites! Talk about comfort food!

When I was a kid my mom worked at the school we went to, she would often put stuff in the Crock-Pot to make life easier on busy days! She made this a lot and I was not a fan of it when I was a kid, I liked the 3 individual ingredients but, back then I couldn't figure out why I didn't like them all together.
 I didn't have it for years, then one day I was trying to come up with some easy meals and this came to mind.
I made this the first time just like Momma does, and that first time I made it, the mystery was solved!
 I do NOT like short ribs,or bone-in meats in the Crock-Pot(at all).
So I fixed it, these are made with boneless pork chops! It's so good, my 8 year old begs me to make it!

Pork,Kraut, and Taters 

*Crock-Pot
*Boneless Pork Chops: Amount depends on your family
*Sauerkraut: I suggest the bags, sold in the deli section or the jars of authentic sauerkraut
*Taters- I use whatever I have on hand, red taters are our favorite though

You are going to layer the ingredients in the Crock-Pot
  • Start with a little sauerkraut on the bottom. 
  • Then add the boneless pork chops on top of that
  • Then taters
  • Finish with the rest of the sauerkraut on top 
  • Turn on low and let go for about 8 hours or so. 

When it's done, I just stir everything together and serve in large bowls.



How easy is that y'all? This is a great rainy or cold day meal! I also have made this with smoked sausage as well and we love that too!

What are some easy Crock-Pot recipes that you have, that contain only a few ingredients?


1 comment:

  1. that sounds yummy....I agree I don't like any bones in the crock pot.

    ReplyDelete