Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Friday, February 11, 2011

Baked Spaghetti


I originally found this recipe from This Mommy Cooks. I made it last night and my family loved it! This actually makes a lot so we had plenty of left overs...they are now gone.  :)
It was nice to have an alternative to plain spaghetti! I did "tweak" it a little bit.

What you will need:

1pound ground beef OR ground turkey
2 cans tomato sauce
1/2 box spaghetti noodles
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup water
Parmesan cheese for sprinkling



These are the dry ingredients you will need:

1/2 tsp dried basil
3/4 tsp oregano
3/4 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch

Mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl + minced garlic


I wanted to share this little guy with you. My mom got it for me and it comes in handy a lot. It has 1/8tsp on one end and 1/16tsp on other end. It comes in really handy when you use pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.

Brown meat, drain excess fat and return to pan.
Add tomato sauce and water to pan with meat, and then dry ingredients.


Stir until combined well. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 Place cooked spaghetti noodles in baking dish.
 Top with spaghetti mixture.
Next, top with shredded cheese, and then sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.


Bake for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.



 
Yum Yum!! So very good! Y'all try this, you will love it! :)





1 comment: