Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Toast

I use to buy this really expensive toast in the freezer section. It rhymes with Lexus. Sometimes it comes with cheese, sometimes it's butter etc... And there are only maybe 8-10 slices in a box. Then I got smart...or listened to my Momma however you want to say it.   :)

I buy a loaf of Italian bread from the bakery at $1.99


Cut into thick slices- I can usually get about 20 slices out of one loaf!



If I am making toast that night I put a little butter and garlic powder on it and bake 8-10 minutes.

All the left over toast goes on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer for about 20 minutes

This prevents the toast from freezing together in the bag.

Once it is set and semi-frozen I put it in a freezer bag. Then I always have some toast on hand with out paying out the wazoo!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment