Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Monday, February 7, 2011

Meatloaf


This recipe is a combination of recipes. I took my moms recipe + my bosses recipe and threw in some stuff of my own. It's kinda one of those where you just put in what you want. :) I will try to give you measurements but really folks I just throw things in! :)

What you will need:


1lb ground beef
1 Tbsp Heinz 57
1 Tbsp yellow mustard
1 small can corn, drained
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup onions, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1/3 cup old fashioned oats
6-10 crackers (You can also use bread crumbs or pieces of bread)
1/3 cup ketchup (some people use tomato soup instead)
Salt and pepper to your liking

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl ( I use my hands)




Put in loaf pans. It just so happens that I have a "fancy shmancy" meatloaf pan. Made my Wilton. And I love it b/c it has the holes so the grease goes in the bottom pan!



Separate out a small one for the child that refuses to eat onion! Ugh!

Bake at 415 for 45 minutes.
In the last 10 minutes I spread about 2 Tbsp of Ketchup on the top. ( My mom does a glaze of Ketchup and Brown sugar cooked on stove for a few minutes then pour on top. Not everyone here likes that so I don't do it anymore)

When you take this out of the oven it is BEST if you let it sit for 10 minutes with a foil tent over it.



Hubby likes brown gravy with his meatloaf....sometimes I remember that....

No comments:

Post a Comment