Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Monday, March 7, 2011

Chicken Hash


Here is what you will need


3 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Butter
6 potatoes, cut in small cubes
1 large onion, onion
1 green pepper, diced
3 carrots, shredded
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Paprika

  1. Heat Olive Oil and butter in a large skillet on medium heat.  Add potatoes and cook 5 minutes until they start to brown on one side.
  2. Add onion and green pepper. Continue cooking another 5 minutes.
  3. Stir in carrots, chicken and spices.

 Cook, stirring often, until potatoes are tender and browned all over. About 10 minutes.



Gravy, Ketchup and Cheese would all be good with this! Or an egg... yummy!

I originally got this recipe from Cooking During Stolen Moments  of course, I had to change a few things.
And although this is called Chicken Hash and I had every intention of making chicken, I grabbed an unlabeled bag out of the freezer that I THOUGHT was chicken...It was turkey! It was still very good so this will be a definite after Thanksgiving recipe!  :-)
I think that it would be a good brunch dish or lazy lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment