Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beef and Cabbage Soup


Today has been one of "THOSE" days for me...so I hid in the kitchen while Brother watched a movie and made a big pot of soup!



Beef and Cabbage Soup

1lb lean ground beef
1/2 head of cabbage
1 onion chopped
1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can chicken broth
1 can V8 Juice (I had a bottle so I poured that into the empty broth can)
2 1/2 cans water (same as above in the empty broth can)
Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste

Fry onion until almost done and add ground beef.

Cook until brown and then drain the grease

Add everything else to the pot,bring to a boil. Reduce heat, Cover and let simmer for 1 1/2 hours.



Brother and I gobbled up two bowels of this for lunch today! Very tasty! :-)

I also had extra to take to Big Daddy's Nanny, my Brother for dinner tonight and some for lunch tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment