Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bento- Catch-Up

Well, as part of my title says I do pack bentos for my oldest child. 4/5 days of the week. However, this year Sissy and I are butting heads on what foods to pack, so not all of our lunches have been picture worthy..ha ha :-)  She wants what her friends eat every day  potato chips, individual packs of cookies and teddy grahams, Gatorade, candy bars,LUNCHABLES(yuck) etc....  I don't buy those things on a normal basis so I am not buying them for her lunches!  Don't get me wrong I do not mind to give her a treat sometimes but not junk EVERY day!(I got away with ONLY ONE lunchable in Kindergarten!!!) I am really TRYING to eat more whole foods and not buy AS MUCH processed junk...It's hard...
Here are a few lunches that we have done this year in 1st grade...



This day she had:
Half of a Ham sandwich
Sourdough bites
Carrots
Strawberries
Cream Cheese Dip
She took water to drink



This day she took Lunch and Snack in the same box. She had:
Apple
Raisins
Fortune Cookie
Fruit Leather
Turkey Smoked Sausage w/Ketchup
Colby Cheese block
Cheesy Sourdough bites
She had the Horizon Chocolate Milk



This was a snack that she took one day:
Leftover muffin from breakfast and HM Fall Granola
She had water with it



That's what the box looks like closed up.



This day she took:
Pretzel Thins
Grapes
HM Chocolate No Bake Cookies
Smoked Sausage w/Ketchup in the HK container
Babybel Cheese
She had water to drink



This is this box closed up.



Blogger kept turning this one for some reason!

This day she had:
Ham and Cheese Sandwich
Cantaloupe and Grapes
Pirate Booty
Cashews
Water to drink



This is the container closed up. I bought this for Brother...Sister took it over! :-)



HA HA Blogger doesn't like my pictures...turn your head to the left...

This day she had:
Turkey and Cheese Sandwich
Apples
Peanut Butter
Cheez-Its
Sunflower Seeds
She took water to drink



This day she took:
Leftover Pork Chop
Pears w/Sprinkles
Carrots
Fruit Twist
This day she took a Horizon Chocolate Milk


Arghh...Turn to the right...

This day she took:

PBJ
Wheat Thins
Grapes
Left Over Cake from my birthday
She took water to drink



The smaller box is snack, she had:
1/2 of a Giant Breakfast Cookie
Trail Mix

Larger box was lunch, she had:
1/2 multi-grain bagel
Cream Cheese for bagel
Pepperonis
WW String Cheese
Carrots
6 small candies from a birthday party...I didn't want them in house so I told her to keep one and give 5 of her friends the others...   :-)
She took a small Fruitable juice box to go with snack and a Horizon Chocolate milk with lunch



These are the boxes closed up...

Taking cue from my Bloggy friend Wendy I am going to do a post very soon on my bento stash...I have been "collecting" my bento for almost 3 years now. I was very lucky that in that time my older brother was in CA and he very graciously went to a Diaso store and bought be a huge bounty!! Check back to see our stash! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment