Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Homemade Granola


I have been looking for a good Granola recipe forever! I found this one on AllRecipes.com. I DO like this but I am still looking for an over the top recipe!

What you will need:

8 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups wheat germ
1 1/2 cups oat bran
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup finely chopped almonds
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup honey
1 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp ground Cinnamon
1 Tbsp vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 325. Line two baking pans with parchment paper.

Combine the oats, wheat germ, oat bran, sunflower seeds, almonds, pecans, and walnuts in a large bowl.


Stir together the salt, brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, oil, cinnamon, and vanilla in a saucepan.




 Bring to a boil over medium heat, then pour over the dry ingredients, and stir to coat.

Spread the mixture out evenly on the baking sheets.



Bake in the preheated oven until crispy and toasted, about 20 minutes. Stir once halfway through.
Cool, then stir in the raisins or chocolate chips before storing in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment