Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mari's Turkey Burgers


I am not usually a turkey burger kind of girl. Even though they aren't the healthiest I am an angus beef burger kind of girl  :)
 However, when my friend Mari posted these Cheddar Pepper Turkey Burgers  I knew I had to try them! And the did NOT disappoint! They were SO good!

Here is what you will need:


3/4 cup chopped roasted red or yellow peppers (I used both and I found these @ Kroger)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ( I had a block of cheddar so I shredded that)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 Tbsp. garlic salt
1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 large egg
NOT PICTURED: 1 lb. 85/15 ground turkey
              1 lb. 99% fat free ground turkey
Preheat the broiler to high(We will also be doing these on the grill when hubby gets it out). In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with your hands.


Divide the mixture into 10 patties. Wrap the extra patties in plastic wrap and freeze them for later.
 Put the amount of patties you want on a sheet pan (one with a lip on the side) and broil for 10-12 minutes (or until they are browned and the internal temperature is at 165 degrees F).
Remove from the oven and cool.



I had mine with half of a avocodo, peppered. It was Mmm mmm Good  :)

Y'all try these out soon, I know you will love them too! And if you haven't been over to MARI NOT SO BLAND. What are you waiting on?? She has some great recipes to try out!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you liked them! :) Thanks for posting and thanks for the link! I really enjoy reading your blog and am looking forward to making some of the recipes!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete