Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Friday, February 18, 2011

Beans and Rice

I have this cook book that I love, it is called Feeding the Kids its a Healthy Eating System for the Whole Family.
This recipe falls under the "smart" meals. Smart or not it is delicious! 

Here is what you will need:


3 cups brown rice (leftover or make instant)
1 16oz jar salsa (mild,medium or hot- your choice)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 cup sour cream
1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 avocado, diced

Mix rice, salsa, beans and corn together in large bowl.


Transfer to a microwavable dish with a lid.  Cover and heat about 6 minutes, or until hot.
Sprinkle with cheese and microwave 1-2 minutes more to melt the cheese. 

Serve with a dollop of sour cream and diced avocado!



Yum Yum. Definitely something I will make again, would be great for weekend lunch. Very Easy and Tasty!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment