Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pork Chops and Veggies


This is one of those Yum Yum comfort foods. I got this recipe from a friend a few years ago. It's kind of a modge podge of foods but they come together really well!

What you will need:

4 Pork Chops
3 potatoes (chopped)
Carrots (hand full)
1 small onion
1 can green beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can sauerkraut
1/2 cup Chicken Broth mixed with 1/2 cup water
Garlic powder
Salt/Pepper
1/4 cup sugar
Caraway Seeds ( if you like. These are pretty strong! Very small amount will go a long way, I used a little less than 1/2 tsp)
                            

Lightly dust chops, fry in 2 Tbsp canola oil in electric skillet.


Remove chops, leave drippings. Add sauerkraut, let cook a few minutes. Add all other ingredients, put chops on top.


Cover and let simmer until veggies are tender. 30 minutes or more.


This is really good with corn bread on the side!  :)

1 comment:

  1. That is an interesting recipe! I'll have to try it when the weather gets colder. :)

    Check out my latest recipe if you get a chance: http://thirtythreemom.com/2011/08/15/simple-recipe-stuffed-green-peppers/

    ReplyDelete