Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Monday, February 21, 2011

Amazing Lasagna


One of my favorite meals to make for my family is Homemade Lasagna!
Seriously Y'all don't be scared of making Lasagna, it's really easy! This is the best recipe I have found, everyone in my family loves it! In fact we just had it for my brothers Birthday Dinner last night!
 Happy Birthday Timothy!

Here is what you will need:

Meat Sauce

1lb ground beef
1/2-1lb Italian sausage (I use the sweet ground)
3/4 cup chopped onion
2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes
1 small can Tomato Paste
1 tsp Dried Basil leaves
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder

In a large skillet add ground beef,sausage, and onion. Stir frequently until browned.


Drain grease. Stir in tomatoes, paste, basil,sugar,oregano,salt and garlic.


Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered for 45 minutes- 1 hour. Stirring occasionally until very thick.

Filling



6 Lasagna Noodles
2 Eggs
15oz Ricotta Cheese
1 cup Cottage Cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup chopped fresh Parsley
4 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Cook Lasagna noodles as directed; drain and place in cold water to cool.

In medium bowl beat eggs, stir in ricotta, cottage cheese, Parmesan, and parsley; set aside.


Heat oven to 350 degrees. 
In a 13x9 ungreased baking dish start with meat mixture (about a cup spread out)
Then 3 noodles on top of the meat sauce, 1/2 egg mixture, 1/2 remaining beef mixture and 1/2 mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers starting with noodles and ending with cheese.


Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Take foil off last 10 minutes to melt cheese through.
When cheese is melted take out of the oven and tent foil over it and let stand 10 minutes.



Once you get the hang of this you can make double and get some put up in the freezer  :)


1 comment: