Printfriendly

About Me

My photo
Mother of 2 and wife to Travis.I am a Jill of all trades,master of none. I like to dabble in everything, so follow me on my journey; raising kids, working towards a healthier lifestyle, new recipes, menus, homeschooling, crafts,enjoying our home the Great Smoky Mountains, etc...What we call...LIFE :-)

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Homemade Beef Jerky

I love love love homemade beef jerky! My mom use to make it when we were younger and my brothers and I would take it to school and sell it!  And it's so simple, the hardest part is the wait!!

Today is my brothers birthday and instead of sending gifts I sent Homemade Beef Jerky and Homemade Granola! :)  Happy Birthday Matthew! 

Here is what you will need:


3lbs meat, sliced (I used London Broil b/c I found it on sale awhile back and stocked up;Venison is the best if you can get your hands on it)
1 bottle liquid smoke
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup Soy sauce
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper

In a medium bowl mix your marinade

Add your meat to the marinade and let soak 12-24 hours.


Spread the meat out on your dehydrater trays


Let dry for 12-15 hours.


Thats it! See how simple that is?? And it tastes oh so good people!  :) Try it, you might like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment